N3 - Yulia Prokofieva:"I really want to be useful".
Yulia is a very gentle, beautiful girl with "porcelain" skin and beautiful hair.
A positive outlook on life, love of nature and all living things help her to save her kind energy and give it to people.
She laughs and talks about how she came to the pageant in the hope that her life will become even more interesting!
- Where are you from, how long have you been in America, tell me about your parents, family, mother.
- I was born and raised in Russia. The first time I came to America in 2008 in the city of Pasadena, my goal was to learn English and travel. I fell in love with the States soon as I landed. It was the best place that I ever visited in my life. I could not even dream of living on this side of the world. I attended university one of the most prestigious school, Plekhanov Russian University of Economics in Moscow, where I received my bachelor's degree in International Economic Relations. I did not hesitate to apply for MBA in the USA. After 9 visas in my passport, I finally realized that California is my “home”. I cannot even believe that I have been living in the States already for 5 years.
For this opportunity I want to say a huge thank you to my beloved parents. I have a very friendly family. My parent mom and dad are the best parents. I am very grateful to the universe that they are my family. I also have a younger brother, Artem, for whom I try to be the best example for. I am very close with my mom, she is my best friend. Even though she is in Russia, I feel like she is here with me! I know my parents are very proud of me for pursuing my dreams.
- Why came to the competition? What is the goal?
- As a child I watched the Miss Russia pageant with delight, but I never thought that I would take part in a pageant. And to have the opportunity in the states, is more shocking. “America is the land of opportunity”, I decided to participate in this pageant in order to prove to myself that I can do anything. We as women can do anything, we are superwomen. I also think that this is a chance to get new experiences, build new friendships and showcase not only our beauty but our brains.
The Miss Russian San Diego 2019 contest will help me get out of my comfort zone and achieve new goals.
- Do you have any hobby?
- I love to draw, it’s had been my hobby for many years. I even went to art school.
I like to stay fit by doing yoga and pilates. It helps me keep myself relax, as well as be alone with my thoughts and dreams. I really like charity so I go feed rescued horses, every week I bring them treats: carrots and apples. They love it very much!
- Dreams and plans?
- I really want my family to move to America. This is the most important dream at the moment. I truly believe that it will eventually come true. In the near future I plan to open my real estate brokerage, I really love to change people’s lives. This year, I plan to help 48 families to buy their dream home. Real estate is my second hobby! If you want to buy, sell or invest in real estate, I will be more than happy to help you.
And winning Miss Russia will give me a better platform to change people’s lives.
- Life motto.
- Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine. ― Roy T. Bennett.
- What trace do you want to leave on this planet? Or the fact that for you is some kind of unrealistic dream or desire.
- On this planet, I want to help people think outside of the box, share with them my tips, mistakes, achievements. I really want to be useful. I would like everyone to find their own spark in themselves. I’m going to use my platform to encourage people to chase their dreams too.
- Wishes to contestants?
- Smile. I want all the ladies to be happy, to achieve the goal they set for themselves. Let everyone have their own victory! The real beauty is inside, and everything else is temporary and transitory.