Howell Cole Kickliter was a judge of Miss and Mrs Eastern Europe America, Mrs Russian California 2020.I asked him to tell us a little about himself:
– I am an independent filmmaker in San Diego. At fifty-seven years old, I have worked in the industry for over forty-one years. I attended film school at the University of South Florida in the early 80’s. Also, I graduated from the University of Montana in 1993 with Honors; with a BFA in Sculpting. I also attended the Rhode Island School of Design and graduated with a degree in Jewelry and Light Metals in 1996. From that point, I moved to Newport Rhode Island an opened a jewelry store named (H. Cole Designs). After running the store for several years, I moved back to Los Angeles where I opened a very successful jewelry studio in Venice Beach, California. I work under the movie label Exotic Cat Films. We focus on short films of current interest.
– Have you had a chance to work with any big-name movie stars?
– With names like Robert Redford (on the movie Ordinary People), commercials with Tony Scott and working as a personal assistant for Lou Adler over a several years. I have had the opportunity to be inspired by Southern California talent.
– Wow sounds like you have been around the block! Do you have any current films you are excited about?
– From Los Angeles, I moved to San Francisco working on jewelry and films. From San Francisco, I moved to San Diego where I started my career as an independent filmmaker. I am very happy to announce I have recently finished my first award-winning short film: “Love in a Lifetime”. And I’m looking forward to moving on, using the resources and talent in San Diego to continue my film making career.
– Thanks for coming and we look forward to your success as well.
– Thanks very much and I am always excited to be able to help with Miss and Mrs. Russian Events. It was really fulfilling to serve as a judge at the recent Mrs. Russian California Event too. So many talented and beautiful woman it was hard to choose the winners.
Want the latest on style and culture?
Sign up for our newsletter.